Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Premier League 2010/2011 - Week 1 - Results

Only 4 Right. About what I expected, the only ones that I was really surprised to be wrong about were Sunderland and Blackpool.

With Sunderland I was not sure where the oppositions, Birmingham, goals were going to come from. But fair play to them they came back from 2 goals down to get a draw. With Blackpool, who would have predicted a 4-0 drubbing. My doubts about the team gelling in time were sadly misplaced.

There are some pundits trying to predict the Table in May 2011 based on the results this weekend. As for me ask me again in December, and even then nothing is set in stone, look at Everton last year after the Christmas break.

Results

Saturday 14th August 2010
Tottenham Hotspur 0-0 Manchester City
Aston Villa 3-0 West Ham United
Blackburn Rovers 1-0 Everton
Bolton Wanderers 0-0 Fulham
Sunderland 2-2 Birmingham City
Wigan Athletic 0-4 Blackpool
Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-1 Stoke City
Chelsea 6-0 West Bromwich Albion
Sunday 15th August 2010
Liverpool 1-1 Arsenal
Monday 16th August 2010
Manchester United 3-0 Newcastle United

No comments: